Drop off & Pick-Up
Drop Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Barnes Elementary School 2020-2021
Arrival / Dismissal (District Guidelines)
Parents are asked to remain in their cars when dropping off or picking up their child at school.
Arrival and dismissal procedures may be modified to accommodate physical distancing and to assist with the flow of traffic.
We anticipate that it will take a few days before everyone is familiar with campus procedures. If your child is late to class because of these modifications, your child will not be counted as tardy.
Elementary (PK-5) Arrival:
● Students riding buses will remain on the bus until greeted by a staff member. This will
allow students to walk directly from the bus to the classroom.
● Students walking will be asked to distance themselves as they wait on the sidewalk until
the doors are opened at 8:45 a.m.
● Students who ride to school in a car will remain in the car until they are welcomed by a
staff member. The school doors will open at 8:45 a.m. and students will walk directly to
the classroom upon arrival.
● Students will have the opportunity to have breakfast before the school day should they
choose to eat breakfast at school.
● Our district realizes that this type of routine may cause students to be later than usual.
Please reassure your child that they will never be counted tardy due to these procedures
and nothing is more important than their safety.
Elementary (PK-5) Dismissal:
● As students leave their classrooms, they will be guided by staff to promote social
distancing and minimum wait times whether the child is walking home, being picked up
by a parent, or riding a bus.
Each campus will communicate any additional arrival or dismissal details that will assist the
families of their school.